Sales Manager Distributor Markets – West Africa
Appoint Distributor network in Nigeria and focus on B2C & B2B Segments
Deliver top line and bottom-line growth of the Distributor Business in the West Africa Markets by offering the company’s Customer Value Propositions to preferred sectors through Distributors, in line with company’s General Business Principles
To manage the distributor relationship and performance with the sell through process by adding value to their business with a partnership, consultation and process driven approach, by creating cross-functional business linkages with them, and by making them consider the company as their preferred business partner.
Develop strong and credible distribution standards and performance ensuring distributors have the right business plans, resources, sales techniques, target setting process, performance review process and sales capabilities.
Implement the Route To Market (RTM) guidelines for distributors leading to relevant and growth focused Annual Business Plans with owned implementation of these plans.
Role reports into Business Manager – ROA.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strategically own the Strategic Business Planning Process for assigned Markets in terms Market Sizing for Channels/ Segments and Value Extraction Targets and Strategies.
- Responsible for designing distributor commercial offer to attract best of distribution companies to work with the company, retain them by being able to consistently grow them in terms of Volume & Profitability.
- Provide leadership to annual business planning process for all the distributors in assigned markets to discuss and agree to aggressive annual volume, product mix, pack mix targets and provide necessary additional financial investment and manpower resources to support planned/ agreed growth.
- Ensure that Distributors are clear and aligned to the annual business plan and achieve this with a special focus on financial capacity and performance. Link business plans to external alignment and shared vision.
- Responsible for setting Distributor Sales Productivity Performance Indicators: DSR Route Plans, Market Coverage Norms, DSR Performance Targets & Measurement Dashboard
Distributor Direct Sales – Pipeline Strength, Cycle Time, New Customer Wins
Distributor Indirect Sales – Ensure distribution width and depth by setting distribution Coverage, Productivity and Throughput targets, monitoring and driving these measures.
- Strive to achieve Area Financial Performance Indicators: Volume, Revenue, Gross Profit and Days Sales Outstanding.
- Ensure that the RTM strategy & marketing plan is converted into sales goals, business objectives and planned activities for the distributor teams.
- To agree, monitor and achieve Sales & GP targets for both new and existing Distributors and be accountable for their overall performance. Replace non-performing Distributor Partners with more professional distributors who are adequately resourced & bring in required industry experience in designated geography/ channel/ segment.
- Jointly with Marketing assess business performance, Strategy, CVPs, Price Management and Customer Offer book and take appropriate action to improve performance.
- Develop Team & Distributor Performance Review system ensuring performance is in line with agreed goals. Take timely corrective measures in case of shortfall in achieving Critical KPI’s
Education: Bachelors or Masters in Business or Engineering
Work Experience: 10+ Years in Lubes, Automotive Spares, Tires handling distributor channel
Knowledge, skills, & competencies:
Language – English, French (Preferable but not mandatory), Lube Industry knowledge, experience with channel management
Driving for Results
Building Trusting Relationships
Coaching Sales Team
Sales Negotiations Skills
Aligning and Executing Sales Strategy
Minimum Years Of Experience10