JOB PURPOSE/JOB SUMMARY
The technician is responsible for the diagnostics and repair of the customers’ vehicle. He/She ensures that the customers complaints are resolved using the latest repair knowledge and skill including but not limited to repair manuals, diagnostic scanners, wiring diagrams etc.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Receives customer vehicle from service advisor and conducts a walk-around check
- Ensures that the vehicle has courtesy items (seat covers, foot mats and fender cover) installed
- Test drive the vehicle to confirm customer complaint if necessary
- Perform maintenance and repair on customer vehicles to resolve complaint.
- Identify problems with vehicles using the diagnostic equipment.
- Explain automotive repairs and issues and provide great customer service.
- Plan repair procedures using charts manuals and experience.
- Test the functionality of parts and systems
- Ensures that vehicles are fixed right the first time
- Perform basic auto care and maintenance tasks such as oil changes, fluid level checks, and tire rotation.
- Repair and replace brake pads, wheel bearings, sensors and other parts.
- Spots additional jobs if necessary
- Perform routine maintenance and general mechanic work on vehicles.
- Prepared to get additional certification as needed.
- Willingness to learn with hands-on training.
- Ensures repair shop is kept clean and organized and safe.
- Keep a professional appearance.
- Once the job is done and confirmed, he/she delivers the vehicle back to the service advisor in a clean state
- Hands over the replaced parts to the service advisor
- Ensures that all tools and equipment are properly cleaned and kept
Minimum Years Of Experience3-5 years
Related Jobs (9)
Factory Manager [preferably an Electrical Engineer] on June 22, 2021 Full Time